Thanksgiving smiles are always in style. If you fortunate enough to spend the holidays with your friends and loved ones, the greatest gift you can give them is a bright smile. However, smiles need to be cared for, so don’t forget to keep your oral health care in check throughout the year. If one area of your oral hygiene begins to slip, it can affect every other aspect of your oral health. It’s always important to remember the basics.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Robert Eversole, DDS, PC every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Robert Eversole, please call us at 812-663-8088, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Greensburg, Indiana. The time is now to make your smile great once more!