Keeping a strong smile includes keeping your smile at its peak every single day. This can efficiently be done by limiting the negative habits you have and by enhancing your oral health care habits you keep. Ensure that your smile is always at its best with a lifetime of oral health care.
Are you informed about aging and dental health? For more information about aging and dental health, consider the following:
– Stay away from sugary foods and other snacks and sweets that can damage your teeth easily, including hard foods that can chip and crack teeth.
– If you feel any irregularities occurring in your mouth, contact us for an oral examination or a bi-annual professional cleaning.
– Floss every day with a dental floss that can survive without tearing apart. If you experience difficulties when flossing, consider switching to another interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
– Unhealthy habits have worse effects for older individuals. Stay away from habits such as smoking, drinking heavily, chewing tobacco, heavy drug use, and poor diet.
– Brush your teeth at least twice daily. If you are showing signs of struggle when brushing due to arthritis or other bone or muscle conditions, consider switching to an electric toothbrush.
– For individuals with dentures, be sure to care for your dentures as well as you would for standard teeth. Furthermore, dentures should be removed every night for cleaning.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Robert Eversole, DDS, PC to see if you are a candidate for any oral health care treatments, please call Dr. Robert Eversole and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Greensburg, Indiana at 812-663-8088. Thanks for visiting with a smile!